Thursday

product review || Almay smart shade loose finishing powder in medium

Hey guys!


Today, I thought I'd do something new in my blog. Considering that exams are nearly over, I have more time doing other things such as shopping and going out with some friends. Today, I decided to go shopping. As a uni student with 2 jobs and other commitments, it is sometimes hard to balance stuff t the point where I am stressed out. Usually, I release my stress by spending time with my boyfriend or by doing something fun from out of my comfort zone. Trust me, when I do shop, I go crazy and I dont think about the price sometimes which for me, is a bad habit.

Anyways, heres one of the product that I purchased today at farmers.
Im pretty happy with what I purchase as I do believe that I need to invest on these products.
Here is the Almay smart shade loose finishing powder in medium and before I bought this product, I was trying different finishing powder from different brands.

Almay is a brand of cosmetics made for people with sensitive skin and Im pretty happy with that because I know I have sensitive skin and I have tried a lot of products which aren't good for my skin, hence I stop using them. The finishing powder helps provide flawless finish and improves imperfection. It is also non-comedogenic which means that the product is formulated so it does not blocked pores. It comes in 3 shades, light, light/medium and medium. I purchased medium as light/medium does not quite match my skin tone.



The difference between a loose powder and press powder is that loose powder gives more lighter application, therefore it is used for finishing the foundation and it also helps reduce shine. It also helps mattify the skin without it looking too dry. Although, press powder is more on the convenience where you can take it anywhere without spilling it all over your make up bag. It is more compact than the loose powder. 


What I love about this product is that its compact and the packaging is very simple. Also, it came with a powder sponge though I would probably use one of my powder brushes to apply this on my face. Also, the powder itself blends on my skin really well and it doesnt leave any glitters or anything sparkling. The finish is really smooth and silky, also light weight on skin which I prefer.

I purchase this from Farmers (New Zealand) and im not quite sure if its available anywhere else. It cost me $30.95 which is not bad at all considering the the packaging has a reasonable size. Also, in Farmers, if you buy any Almay product worth over $29, you receive a free beach bag which is perfect because summer is just around the corner. Offer is only available from 7th November until the 3rd of December 2014. The beach bag also came with $15 off Almay products from Farmers which is very convenient.


Thats all for now

P.S: I am not affiliated or sponsored with any of the products/brands that I mention in this blog! 

Love lots,



1 comments: