Saturday

An open letter to my past

dear you,

Its been a while since I last talked about you. Its been a while since I felt the pain that you left me with. I know its been a while and I may have forgotten and moved on from you but I can never for get the pain that you've caused me. I was hurt. I was left alone. Like most broken hearted people are, I was broken. When you left, I tried so many things to get my mind off you and put myself together again. I thought to myself, I did fine even before we got together so whats stopping me again? I fell inlove with you. I loved you. And I regret nothing. Even until now, I still have those thoughts about what would happen if we were still together until now? I thought about those things to be honest with you and im not gonna lie about it. But I also thought that if you wouldnt have left me and broke my heart, I wouldnt have found that someone who picked me up right where I needed it the most. And now that Im old enough to be independent and know what right or wrong, I hope you are proud of me. I wish you nothing but the best and if I knew what you've accomplished so far, I would be proud of you too. Although we dont talk, I want you to know that Im never gonna be perfect. For you or for anyone else. I will never forget your name of how you hurt me and even though its been a while since we last talk/see each other, you were once a part of me and you made me who I am today (partly). I will always be hurt. I will be loved. But it doesnt changed the fact that you were the first person to break my heart and I forgive you for that. I hope you find that person that you've been looking for. Although im not ready to see you again, I have forgiven you. Its just really hard to look at you and not remember our times together. I also admit that it was probably my fault why you left me and I made myself believed that I was not worthy then. But not, im complete. Im more than happy.

Thank you for hurting me. It was worth the pain and tears.

0 comments:

Post a Comment